lördag 8 december 2012

exhausted

I'm done with my move, well there is a sofa and a small dinner table left in the old apartment. I wanted to sub rent it to a friend but it fall through so I gave them my three month notice and moving on with my life. Except trying to sell the last stuff I only got the moving out cleaning and taking down the lamps other wise I'm all done. Last night we started moving my parents stuff beginning with picking up their new beds installing them and today we packed the cars full with moving boxes, myself and mum in one car and dad in his car. 

Then the well not s funny thing happened, hahahahahahahahahahaha not meaning to laugh but it was at bit surreal. Me and mum drove first with dad right behind us I was watching the back mirror to make sure ha kept up with us because I had the key to open the gates to the area yard boom and he was supposed to close it after he passed it. I lost him right after the Alafors Exit and up on the exit to Nol. I asked mum "where is he?" "What" Can you see dad?" "No, but he should be right behind us" "Nope he isn't" "What, of course he is, Where should else be?" "I don't know, maybe he drove to Nödinge and to Systembolaget, which is where we but our beers, ciders and other alcoholic beverages" "No, he would have told us that" "Well he might just have thought of it" "No he would have said so" Alright now I'm getting worried, maybe we should backtrack in case something has happened I'm just gonna call him. Well he doesn't answer so I think we should take the local roadway and see if we see something" and off we went and found him with the warning signs on and at the Nol Exit. Dad had forgotten taking any of his phones with him and he has two, luckily for him I had mine with me so he could phone the towing company and then we decided that mum and me went to the new place and unload the stuff in the Ford, then I would return to dad. I think dad waited almost 30-40 minutes on the towing truck. After the towing man lifted the car up and towed it off the exit we tried figuring out what was wrong with it but the only conclusion was to tow it to the local VW shop. Then we rented a trailer and emptied dads car which went really well and then we drove to the apartment and unloaded the stuff. You can say it was a remarkable day in many ways. It isn't often I see my dad worked up about these things but today he was very cranky about it and I almost couldn't stop laughing so dad got annoyed with me. Anyway we solved the problem and got the boxes to the new place. When we finished mum and dad drove me home as thank you for helping us.

Work has been insane, the weather is the biggest contributor to that since the week started off with snow that made the roads not so much fun driving on, slippery like hell and you have to have your tongue in your mouth keeping you out of the ditch. I actually was a part in an accident in Skönningared where there is a steep hill and I got an oncoming car that drove way to fast and ended up in the ditch but we got it back up on the road without any visual damages. Yesterday I got one of the routes with cycling fuck it was cold, we had about -10 Celsius brrrrrrrrrr. I'm not so keen when it get cold outside but yesterday it went ok. So next week the forecast has predicted more snow so it is just liking the weather right now. 

News on my apartment is that someone is checking it out on Tuesday but I don't need to be there and that is good otherwise I would have needed to take a couple hours off work. So I have talked to the landlord about the ancient stove and that the kitchen fan needs to be switched out and be repaired. I am hopeful that if they want it that they can move in early. So with everything that has been going on at work and after work I am totally exhausted, I fell asleep really early on the evenings which isn't surprising at all.

Have a nice week and be careful if you be out in the snow and slippery roads:)

Inga kommentarer: